Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Jackson Bottoms Wetlands Preserve Update

Hi everyone!

    I went to Jackson Bottoms Wetland Preserve again and I learned more cool things and explored more. At Jackson Bottoms I went with my Webelos den and we had fun there. At the beginning we explored a cool room with animals and facts.

    At the room I saw a huge bald eagle nest. It was found in a tree. They had stuffed animals including leopards, porcupines and bald eagles. After that we discussed on poisonous plants and what to look for on the trail.

    After that we went out and hiked on a trail called the King Fisher Marsh. We saw a weird cocoon thing with caterpillars coming out of it. Our goal was to hike 3 miles. We were looking for something cool and eventually we found a cool egg shaped oval. We inspected on what it was and found that it was hollow which meant it was a seed pod. We cracked it and found the seeds.

    Overall, my visit to Jackson Bottoms again after my 3rd grade experience was very interesting. It was very fun on reviewing what we learned about before in 3rd grade. If I visit Jackson Bottoms Wetland again, I will plan on locating my tree that I planted in 3rd grade.

Signing out,

Rishab Jain 

No comments:

Post a Comment